Creative Nudge Fridays is here!
Welcome to nudge #9. We're getting into some sweet business. With a pinch of salt.
The ways to nourish our blazing creative genius are infinite. Sometimes it asks us to get out tools like glue, scissors, paint brush, knitting needles, yoga mat, cd or djembe drum. Other times is calls us to get out our mixing bowl. And a spatula. Here is a nudge to encourage you to add a cup of conscious creativitea in your kitchen. It's a recipe. For baking a batch of homemade yum.
Lelicious Almond, Honey & Coconut Cookies
Makes approximately 24 cookies
150g almond meal
150g plain flour
150g pure honey
80ml coconut oil
1 teaspoons ground ginger powder *optional for a dash of subtle spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch natural pink salt
handful of shredded or desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease a baking tray with spray cooking oil or line with a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl add meal, flour, ginger powder (optional) and salt. Add honey, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk egg separately in a cup and pour into mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop up the dough and roll into balls. Evenly space them on baking tray. Press each ball down flat using the back of a fork. *To prevent the fork sticking to the dough, dip the fork in warm water and tap dry on a tea towel.
- Sprinkle tops with a pinch of shredded or desiccated coconut.
- Place in oven for 12 mins or until golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack. And, enjoy!
To remind yourself that your blazing creative genius is one clever cookie, take a photo of your freshly baked batch, then use the pic as your screen saver or wallpaper on your phone or computer.
Your view. If you like this post, click LIKE or if you give the nudge a go, please let us know. Share a pic with us on my Facebook Page, or add your comments below. I'd love to see your baked creations! If you share your baked goodness on Twitter or Instagram, let's use the tag #creativenudgefridays so we can find you.
Pass it on. Here is a ready-to-go prod for you to share the nudge on Facebook, Twitter + elsewhere on the web; Your creativity is one clever cookie, http://ow.ly/h8Tld via @jelenamrkich #creativenudgefridays #recipe
Most of us spent time daily in the kitchen. Which makes it a brilliant place for daily creativity. Making edible creative goodness is nourishment for our being~ness, and it's even more nourishing when we get to share it with our loved ones.
May you always bake from your heART.
Create on, Jelena x
p.s. this recipe can be altered to suit your dietary requirements. If wheat flour is not for you, replace with almond meal (making the almond meal total 300g). Note, this will change the consistency of the cookies a little. Coconut oil can be found in your local heath food store, or can be replaced with melted butter.
© Copyright Jelena Mrkich 2013.
Permission is granted to share this post and images within it freely on the condition that the author is credited and this byline is included. Jelena Mrkich is an Artist, Art Therapist and Creative Catayst who is passionate about creativity as a tool for healing, transformation and self-awareness. For more info visit JelenaMrkich.com or for regular creative good things join her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.